The Redcliffe Peninsula is the number #1 place in Queensland to combine business and lifestyle…
The delivery of our vision is centred around working with all levels of government to deliver 15 key initiatives in the creation of a World Class Maritime Precinct.
- High-Speed Public WIFI at the various high profile locations around the Peninsula.
- Re-arrangement of the Sunday Markets to one side of the road to open up foot traffic to existing businesses.
- Re-routing of traffic around the main Redcliffe precinct to boost traffic to retail businesses in Sutton Street.
- Parking restrictions in Redcliffe Parade to increase foot traffic.
- A Free Loop Bus connecting the railway station to the main retail and tourist locations around the Peninsula.
- A multi-level car parking station on the old Coles carpark site.
- Upgrade and extension of the Redcliffe Jetty to significantly increase berthing capacity.
- A customs clearance point on the Peninsula, like there used to be at Scarborough Harbour.
- Sinking of a decommissioned aircraft in Moreton Bay for an artificial dive site.
- A Hillary’s (Western Australia marina) type development of the Scarborough Marina Spit.
- Floating fun park and conference centres.
- Creation of a man-made island in the middle of Moreton Bay for additional anchorage.
- Incorporation of a maritime education on the Peninsula as part of the Moreton Bay University.
- Water transport around the Peninsula including Ferries, water taxis and potentially a barge to Moreton Island.
- World class maritime events.
To download a copy of our summary of the initiatives, current state of the businesses on the Peninsula as well as other socio-economic measurements… click HERE.